Now, my energy is back up and I wanted to take a moment to share my Gratitude List. I try to remember gratitude daily and think of all of my blessings, but it's nice to write the list out and see it all there on paper.
Right now, I'm grateful for:
1. Most importantly, I'm grateful for the beautiful little being who will bless me as their mama in May. Pregnancy has been a whole new adventure and I'm sure motherhood will be more than I can imagine right now.
2. My husband continues to make me laugh and take care of me. I can't wait to see him as a daddy.
3. The rest of my family. My sister's cancer journey has continued and she's having surgery next week, but her strength and courage in this crisis are so inspiring. The rest of the family is rallied around her, as we do, and it's been a good period for all of us to grow and support each other. Lots of laughter has been part of the journey, obviously.
4. Cell phones and Facebook. My husband's family is on a whole other continent, worlds away. We miss them dearly, but cell phones and Facebook help us stay in touch, which is so wonderful. Also, some of my best friends are scattered to the four winds, so Facebook is how we stay together as well.
5. As glad as I am to be pregnant, I'm REALLY glad the nausea part seems to be over. I know there's probably more unfun stuff to come, but that was rough.
6. More than ever, I'm grateful for indoor plumbing. I think back to living in the village & using the pit latrine and I can't imagine doing that pregnant, as often as I have to go. Plus, squatting when I'm 8-9 months along sounds nearly impossible. I have a whole other level of respect for the women of Zambia that had never occurred to me before.
7. Speaking of amenities, my heart goes out to the victims of Sandy who are still without the basics. I'm so grateful for my home & electricity & I hope they get theirs back as soon as possible.
8. Pecan pie, baked macaroni, turkey, and fresh cranberry sauce. Some of my favorite foods and I get to eat them all tomorrow!
9. Beautiful fall days like today. They are such a gift.
10. That I don't have the slightest desire to participate in the madness of Black Friday and I don't have to.
11. Amazon Prime. I love being able to shop on my phone & get most things in 2 days. Our town has very few options for organic food or greener cleaning products, so I order them at Amazon.
12. Holiday Season. I love the winter holidays- the smell of cinnamon and spices, lights and decorations, snowpeople, carols, favorite foods, gifts, chilly air, parties, the whole package.
13. Health. So many around me are dealing with tough health stuff, so it reminds me how grateful I am for my health and how quickly all that can change.
14. Coaching. It is truly an amazing process to watch people wake up to their own magnificence and I'm so grateful I get to be part of that process.
15. You. If you're reading this, then you're part of my circle- friends, clients, or just stumbling across my blog for the first time- I'm grateful you're here.
There are countless other blessings- both great and small- that I'm grateful for, but I'll stop here so I can get my pecan pie out of the oven. Whether or not you're celebrating Thanksgiving, I wish you a joyful time with your loved ones this week.